AKUT’un partneri olduğu bir Horizon-2020 araştırma projesi için “saha çalışması ekip lideri” istihdam edilecektir. Pozisyona ait ayrıntılar ve başvuru şekline ait bilgiler aşağıda belirtilmiştir.
Case Study Team Leader
Arama Kurtarma Derneği AKUT is Turkey’s oldest and largest non-governmental organization dedicated to search and rescue activity. AKUT’s main objective is to perform search and rescue on a voluntary basis in wilderness areas such as mountains as well as following mass emergencies and disasters. With its local branches in 32 provinces in Turkey, AKUT is always standing by, in order to serve people in need both in Turkey and abroad. As a UN-INSARAG certified organization, AKUT provide technical training, organize drills, and cooperate with local and international institutions to share its experience and knowledge at home or abroad. The association also realizes disaster-related social projects including awareness-raising campaigns, disaster preparedness seminars. AKUT’s values are: volunteerism, integrity, reliability, altruism, and respect for human life.
AKUT is looking for a Case Study Team Leader for a European Union Horizon 2020 coordination and support action of which it is a partner. The project European Disasters in Urban Centers: A Culture Expert Network (EDUCEN) aims to “work on the complex interplay between culture(s) and disaster risk reduction, above all in the context of cities, to allow in particular formal and informal emergency responders, risk managers, the military, urban planners and planners at regional and national level to be better equipped to deal with elements of culture, and as a result to ensure highly competent disaster responses and increasing community resilience.” Seven “case studies” across Europe will be conducted in the project’s primary phase. Research teams will try to identify cultural particularities in various urban environments and vulnerable groups that are likely to affect risk and disaster behavior and consequently, to impact disaster-related issues in these societies.
The city chosen for the case study in Turkey is Istanbul, where the disabled citizens will be studied as the vulnerable group. The work broadly corresponds to: an assessment of the Istanbul’s disabled population’s overall situation in relation to emergencies and disasters; production of specific knowledge & action model to reduce disabled people’s vulnerability to disasters; preparation of the dissemination material for the produced knowledge. It is essential that the action be inclusive and function as an instrument to empower the disabled themselves.
The case study team leaders’ main responsibilities are: to plan and coordinate the case study; to manage the study team (volunteers and professionnals) and the budget; to handle the administrative work vis-à-vis the national authorities, the project consortium and the European Commission; to ensure full coordination with the partners and compatibility with the action calendar. This is a part-time position (around 16h per week in average) with a limited time contract that ends 01/05/2017. Estimated day of start is 29/06/2015. Work place is Istanbul.
- Bachelor degree in one of the fields of social or administrative sciences, preferably sociology, psychology, political science or public administration.
- Masters degree and PhD in one of the fields of social or administrative sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of research experience after PhD.
- Very good command of written and spoken Turkish and English.
- Proficiency in common information technologies hardware/software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as team leader and/or in managerial position.
- Having disaster-related social issues as the main interest of research (selected candidates will be asked for publications).
- Experience in disaster & emergency capacity building projects.
- A good command of written and spoken of a third foreign language (preferably French or German) is an asset.
- Previous disaster-related experience with extreme vulnerability groups is an asset.
- Mass emergency & disaster training and/or field experience.
- Good knowledge in needs assessment, project planning, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and coordination.
- Excellent and adaptable communication skills, sensitivity.
- A good understanding of (and compliance with) AKUT’s fundamental values, mission and vision.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their CV in English and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 17,2015. Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. The submitted CVs will not be returned.
This Project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 653874.
Funded by the Horizon 2020
Framework Programme of the European Union